Orange and pistachio nut vegan chocolate truffles
150 grams (1/2 cup) almond butter
40 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
1 tbsp agave syrup
crushed pistachio nuts, for rolling
1. Place the cardamom pods and pistachio nuts in plastic bags and crush them using a rolling pin.
2. Mix almond butter, cocoa powder, and agave syrup in a large bowl.
3. Hold the orange over the bowl and use a zester to release the juice from the outside of the orange skin into the mixture. Mix in well.
4. Scoop out roughly teaspoon-sized amounts of mixture and shape them into balls.
5. Roll the chocolate truffles in the crushed pistachio nuts.
These cardamom-spiced vegan truffles don't need cooking. They are best kept refrigerated to keep them from going soft - that's if you can avoid eating them all at once!
New Feature! Buy all the store cupboard ingredients for cardamom and pistachio nut truffles with one click: