A simple vegan pasta dish tonight: asparagus, tenderstem broccoli, avocado and lemon juice with spaghetti.
Asparagus and Lemon Pasta Ingredients (for 2 people)
150 g spaghetti
3 stalks tenderstem broccoli, cut into short pieces
4 stalks asaparagus, cut into short pieces
1 ripe avocado
ground black pepper
Asparagus and Lemon Pasta Recipe (ready in 15 minutes)
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes.
2. Steam the broccoli and asparagus for 5-10 minutes, or until the stems are tender.
3. Cut the avocado into small pieces and mash some of the pieces with a fork.
4. Drain the pasta, mix in the mashed avocado, chunks of avocado, asparagus and broccoli.
5. Squeeze the lemon over the pasta and season with the black pepper.
6. Serve with a side salad.
This vegan lemon pasta recipe is quick and easy to make, perfect for busy weekday evenings. I love to cook this dish to mark the start of asparagus season. The sharp lemony flavor combines with asparagus, pasta, and avocado in a light and fresh dish that is the perfect way to welcome in summer.