Pre-made veggie burgers often leave a lot to be desired. This mushroom burger is full of flavor, packed with chunks of mushrooms and satisfying richness.
|Vegan Mushroom Burger|
Mushroom Burger Ingredients
3 cups chopped mushrooms
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tsp yeast extract
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp dried basil
Mushroom Burger Recipe
1. Sautee mushrooms and garlic in olive oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms and garlic with breadcrumbs, yeast extract and basil.
3. Add water until the breadcrumbs become wet and sticky.
4. Mix, adding water as necessary to get a sticky consistency that can be molded into patties.
5. Fry mushroom burgers in oil.
6. Serve on a while roll with salad and homemade salsa, with a baked potato, or with saffron rice.